Your Guide to Choosing the Perfect WDW Accommodation
If you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, choosing the right accommodation is a crucial part of the planning process.
Disney offers a wide range of options, including hotels and resorts within the Disney property and Good Neighbor Hotels located near the property. In this post, we’ll be taking a closer look at the Walt Disney World Resort Good Neighbor Hotels and what they have to offer.
Advantages of Good Neighbor Hotels:
- Convenient Location: Good Neighbor Hotels are located just a short distance from the Disney parks, making it easy for you to get to the magic each day.
- Affordability: These hotels often offer more affordable rates compared to Disney-owned resorts, making them a great choice for families on a budget.
- Access to Disney Transportation: Many Good Neighbor Hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the Disney parks, making transportation a breeze.
- Variety of Amenities: These hotels offer a range of amenities, from basic to luxurious, so you can choose one that fits your family’s needs and budget.
Disadvantages of Good Neighbor Hotels:
- No Disney Character Experiences: Unlike Disney-owned resorts, Good Neighbor Hotels do not offer character experiences with Disney characters.
- No Magic Bands: Good Neighbor Hotels do not provide Magic Bands, which are used for park admission and accessing FastPass+ reservations.
- Limited Disney Themeing: The hotels do not have the same level of Disney themeing as the Disney-owned resorts, so if you’re looking for a fully immersive Disney experience, this may not be the best option for you.
Deposits Required: Most Good Neighbor Hotels require a deposit to secure your reservation. The amount of the deposit varies by hotel, so be sure to check with the hotel directly for details. In most cases, you will be required to provide a credit card at the time of booking, and the deposit will be charged to this card. Some hotels may also require a full payment upfront, so it’s important to carefully review the terms and conditions of your reservation before making a payment.
Refund policies for Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels may vary depending on the specific hotel and the terms of your reservation. As a general rule, it is always best to check the hotel’s refund policy before making your reservation to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions. Some common elements of hotel refund policies include:
- Cancellation Deadline: Many Good Neighbor Hotels require a certain amount of notice before your scheduled arrival date in order to receive a full or partial refund.
- Cancellation Fees: Some hotels may charge a cancellation fee, either as a percentage of your reservation or a flat fee.
- Non-Refundable Reservations: Some Good Neighbor Hotels may offer non-refundable rates, which means that your payment will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Modification Fees: If you need to change your reservation, some hotels may charge a modification fee.
It is important to carefully review the hotel’s refund policy before making your reservation, so that you understand the terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, it’s always best to reach out to the hotel directly to get clarification.
In conclusion, Walt Disney World Resort Good Neighbor Hotels are a great option for families looking for affordable accommodations near the Disney parks. With a wide range of amenities and convenient location, these hotels offer a great value for your Disney vacation. Just be sure to consider the advantages and disadvantages, and be aware of the deposits required, as well as their refund policy, before making your final decision.
So why not start your search today and find the perfect accommodation for your next Disney trip?
Read our blog post here: Learn how you can book Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels through Disney directly!