Walt Disney World Room Only Reservations and Vacation Packages
Walt Disney World is a popular tourist destination and offers a range of options for guests to plan their stay. When it comes to booking a room directly through Disney, guests have two options: Room Only Reservations or Vacation Packages.
Both options have different refund policies that guests should be aware of before making their final decision. In this blog post, we’ll compare the refund policies for Room Only Reservations and Vacation Packages to help you make an informed decision.
Room Only Reservations
Disney World’s Room Only Reservations allow guests to book a room at one of their resort hotels without purchasing any theme park tickets or dining plans. Guests who opt for Room Only Reservations have the flexibility to add these components later if they choose to do so. The refund policy for Room Only Reservations is as follows:
- Guests must pay the first night’s room rate as a deposit within 3 days of reserving their room, except when booking online at DisneyWorld.com where the deposit is required at the time of booking.
- Final payment of the remainder is due at check-in.
- Guests can change or cancel their reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in (6 days for online bookings).
- The cancellation penalty for cancelling less than 5 days from check-in is the first night’s room rate. A no-show is considered a cancellation and has the same penalty.
Disney World’s Vacation Packages include a room at one of their resort hotels, theme park tickets, and/or a dining plan. The refund policy for Vacation Packages is more strict compared to Room Only Reservations:
- Guests must pay the full package price as a deposit at the time of booking if booking within 30 days.
- If you are booking outside of 30 days, guests must pay a $200 deposit at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to check-in will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made between 30 and 3 days prior to check-in will receive a refund minus a $200 fee (the deposit).
- Cancellations made within 3 days of check-in will not receive a refund.
In conclusion, the refund policies for Room Only Reservations and Vacation Packages at Walt Disney World are different. Room Only Reservations offer more flexibility when it comes to changing or cancelling your reservation, while Vacation Packages have a stricter cancellation policy. Before making your final decision, consider your travel plans and decide which option works best for you.